Sunday, September 6, 2009

Leg 3 - Headed NE for One Cafe

Since I was planning to be in Spokane for the finish of the 2009 Iron Butt motorcycle rally, I decided to tag the restaurant that's up in Bonner's Ferry, Idaho on Friday of Labor Day weekend. So after we welcomed the incoming riders at the hotel in Spokane, my friend Tim and I headed out for a little 200 plus mile round trip ride for lunch in Bonner's Ferry. It was an easy ride for us, although the traffic heading up US95 out of Coeur d'Alene was a bit much for the two of us. Soon however we were on the open two lane road which took us by the Silverwood theme park in Athol and through Sandpoint, Idaho. Lunch was at Kootenai River Inn, and I bought a bowl of soup to go and we headed back into Bonner's Ferry with a stop at Zip's Drive Inn where we had sandwiches and I finished off my bowl of soup. Here's the documentation:




It was then a ride back to the hotel via US2 which turned out to be a much better route with less traffic.

Since this report is on my Cafe 2 Cafe ride, I'll not include any other IB Rally information. That will be a subject for a different report.

The next 3 days worth of riding will take on a different form than the previous 3 legs: It will be a touring report as that's what it turned out to be. And what a tour it turned out to be. Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment